- Scouts should create teams. teams are limited to the number of seat belts in your car.
- Each team requires an adult (21+) driver. NO SPEEDING, road rules must be observed at all times.
- Scout SAFETY must be observed at all times!
- The hunt will cover Smithtown and Nesconset.
- You will need a pencil and paper to take a rubbing.
- You will need at least $4 cash, or if your resourceful this task can be completed for free.
- You will need some type of electronic device to take pictures.
Dan Pelis Eagle Project Fundraiser, White Water Rafting, Eagle Court of Honor, Cameron Ulrich’s Eagle Scout Project
DAN PELIS EAGLE PROJET FUNDRAISER:
Hi Troop 349,
I just wanted to let everyone know that my Eagle Scout Fundraiser will be this coming Friday. It is a MOVIE NIGHT on Friday May 16th at Wenonah Elementary School Cafeteria. The address is 251 Hudson Ave, Lake Grove NY 11755. It is from 6:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.(doors will open at 6pm) We are seeing Monsters University. Tickets are $5.00 each and includes a snack or drink. There will be adult supervision. Hope to see everyone there.
WHITE WATER RAFTING:
Its time to sign up for the annual Whitewater Rafting trip. Here are the exciting details:
We will leave on Sat May 31 and travel by car to the Lehigh River Gorge in PA. There you will climb into a raft & have the ride of your life on the rapids. Dinner will be provided that night as you settle into your campsite. After breakfast the next day you have a 1/2 day bike ride through the lovely wilderness followed by lunch & return home. See http://www.whitewaterchallengers.com/lehigh/lehigh-whitewater.asp for more info. Your cost is $150 per person. We will start collecting it during the next troop meetings.
Pls use this link to sign up:
Pls consider driving–remember tolls & gas will reimbursed!!!
Remember to leave your electronics home (unless you want them swimming in the river!!!)
Please & thank you! Linda Ulrich
EAGLE COURT OF HONOR:
Join us at the Eagle Court of Honor this Saturday, May 17th. All scouts should come in their uniforms.
DATE: 5/17/2014 (Sat 1:00PM – 3:00PM)
LOCATION: Cleary School for the Deaf 301 Smithtown Blvd., Nesconset, NY
CAMERON ULRICH EAGLE PROJECT(PART 1):
Cameron Ulrich’s project is on Saturday May 17 from 8am to 11 am. We will be meeting at the Parish of the Holy Cross Church, its address is 95 Old Nichols Road, Nesconset. We will be digging a hole and cementing in an 8 foot wooden cross and we will be clearing the area and planting arborvitaes. Make sure to bring shovels gloves and rakes!!!
Hi Troop 349,
Mrs. Pelis is taking orders for Troop sweatshirts they cost $20.00 (cash or check payable to Troop 349). Anyone interested in ordering a Troop sweatshirt can either email me at email@example.com or see me at our weekly meeting. I will have sample sweatshirts at our weekly meeting if you are not sure of what size to order. ( S,M,L,XL) ALL ARE ADULT SIZES. Also, if you are interested in getting something embroidered on a sleeve, there is an additional $7.50 cost.
I work with a young lady who has a brother deployed overseas. She is on a quest
to send everyone in his unit a care package. A little something from home.
To complete her quest she needs empty shoe boxes. She asked me for your help.
I will be collecting empty shoe boxes at Wednesday’s meeting. If you can help
please do so I’ll see you at Great Hollow.
Thank you in advance.
UPCOMING TROOP EVENTS
1. The next meeting is Wednesday April 23rd, 7:30pm at Great Hollow
2. The meeting on April 30th will be at Air Trampoline, Inc. in Ronkonkoma. It is at 7:30pm. All participants must have a signed waiver on file with Air Trampoline. Go to this link and have your parent sign a waiver: http://www.airtrampolinesports.com/
3. The West Point trip is full. If there are last minute changes please contact Dave Ryder.
4. Please sign up for Yawgoog. Go to this link to sign up. Camp is July 13 through July 20: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17vK1a35G2VQDDlEvs7RdXVj5k8WxoA8UwA1DUi35rcw/viewform
5. Medical forms are needed for camp!
6. Sign up for the May 31 and June 1 White water trip.
HOSPITALITY COORDINATOR NEEDED
One of our own is moving on and as a result the Troop will need to replace a very important position. First of all I’d like to wish Alex Boyle all the best in his next adventure and Susan you will be missed also. That’s the bad news, the good news is if you ever change your mind you are always welcome. Please keep in touch. Mrs. Susan Boyle filled a rather important position for the troop. She was responsible for the little goodies at the courts of honor and troop events like the Halloween party. I believe we called on her services for 5 events last year. We need a replacement. If you would like to get involved in a small way please see me at the next troop meeting or return an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It takes a community to raise a child. The Troop 349 family could use your help. Thank you.
TROOP OCCUPATION DIRECTORY
Hello Troop 349!!
We have been asked about compiling a Troop Occupation Directory to help us utilize each other’s strengths and talents! To that end, we have created a form that can be used if you wish to take part in this directory. The URL for the form is:
Please feel free to add your job or business information to share with the troop. We will be creating and publishing the directory in time for the June Court of Honor.
Please and thank you of course!
- The next meeting is Wednesday April 23rd, 7:30pm @ Great Hollow
- The meeting on April 30th will be at Air Trampoline, Inc in Ronkonkoma. 7:30pm All participants must have a signed waiver on file with Air Trampoline. Go to this link and have your parent sign a waiver.
- The West Point trip is full. Last minute changes please contact Dave Ryder.
- Go to this link to sign up for Yawgoog. Camp is July 13 through July 20.
- Medical forms are needed for camp!
- Sign up for the May 31/June 1 White water trip will start soon
Yawgoog Sign-up and Historical Trip:
Yawgoog signups are out, and so are signups for the Historical Trip, so you better get your name on those lists!!
On March 29th due to the threat of rain, I am starting my carwash at 10:00am. It will still go to 2 pm but because supposedly it will be raining at 12:30 and I am trying to get as many people as possible in before it rains. It is at Holy Cross Church (95 Old Nichols Road, Nesconset). If you could please come earlier that would great.
I would like to remind everyone about my project this weekend on Sunday 3/30 at the Cleary school for the deaf at 3 o’clock. Please come out and support me to finish my project!!!! Please come and don’t forget work gloves because you will be working with brick.
-Paul La Francesca
This form is required to go to camp. If you are not going to camp but attend troop events we need you to submit parts A & B of the 2014 health form. Also, include a copy of your insurance card, front and back. Mrs. Rinaldo will collect completed medical forms at the Wednesday troop meetings.
Please and thank you of course,
Troop Due to the possibility of rain the Eagle fundraising car wash will start at 10:00am
Rally the troop and support the fundraiser